TOWNSHIP, Pa. - The Marymount baseball team dropped a tight pitchers' duel in the first round of the AEC tournament on Wednesday afternoon.
The Saints will get another chance to keep the season alive on Thursday, looking to put a spark on the offensive end.
- Ryo Fabre pushed across the lone run for Marymount, going 2-for-4 with an RBI double in the contest.
- Bryce Smith had a strong 2-for-4 day at the plate for the Saints in the opener with two singles.
- Jimmy Baker knocked three singles in the contest, good for a 3-for-4 slate on the day.
- Despite picking up the loss to fall to 6-4 on the year, senior Drew Mead threw a strong 8.0 innings of work on the mound. Allowing just one earned run on four hits, Mead struck out three Mights Macs batters in the game.
How It Happened
- After falling behind 1-0 early, the Saints rallied back to tie the game up in the top of the fourth. After Smith knocked a leadoff single and was quickly moved over via a sacrifice bunt from Ryan Maylie, Fabre came through with two outs to give the Saints their first run in the tournament.
- Marymount will play Gwynedd Mercy in an elimation game tomorrow, May. 12 at 9:00 AM, looking to stay alive in AEC play.