HARRISONBURG, Va. - A second half goal was all the Saints needed to take home a win at Eastern Mennonite. The 1-0 victory pushes MU to 2-1 in the young season.
- Brandon Loarte scored the lone goal in the match, which is the first of his career at Marymount. The goal came in the 73rd minute and gave the Saints the edge they needed.
- Marymount outshot the Royals 13-9, with both teams having three of their shots on goal.
- Bayron Banegas earned the win in the goal, knocking down all three shots on goal for three saves.
How It Happened
- The match was a strong defensive display throughout, with the Saints taking advantage of a corner kick opportunity so take the advantage.
- The Royals pushed down the stretch, but a strong defensive showing from the Saints kept the Royals scoreless to secure the win.
Quote From Coach Kalin:
"Today was a gritty performance and a deserved win. As we continue to work through the early part of our season without a few guys with injuries, It has been inspiring to see several first year guys step up. Today Fredy and Brandon Loarte impacted the game for us and Bayron made the one big save we needed. Tomorrow will be another good test at bridgewater."
- Marymount turns around quickly, heading to Bridgewater College tomorrow for another away match at 3:00 PM.
- The Saints are back at Long Bridge Park next Wednesday, Sept. 14th with kickoff set for 7:00 PM.