Posted: Oct 05, 2022
GWYNEDD VALLEY, Pa. – Four first-half goals propelled Marymount men's soccer to a dominant 6-0 road win over Gwynedd-Mercy on Wednesday night to open Atlantic East play.
- Leonardo Torres continued to impress in his sophomore campaign, adding two more goals to push his season total to seven.
- Torres is now tied for third in program history with 23 career goals. He is only four tallies from becoming the program's all-time leading scorer.
- He now has 55 career points, which also ranks third in program history.
- Daniel Yi and Marco Bravo both scored their first career goals.
- Carlos Varona had two assists on the night.
- Eduardo Cardonne had two saves on the night to lead the Saints.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Bravo found the back of the net with a long strike in the second minute.
- Torres then scored back-to-back goals to put MU on top 3-0 in the 16th minute.
- Brandon Loarte closed out the first half with a tally in the 42nd minute to put Marymount on top 4-0 heading into halftime.
- Yi scored on a header in the 72nd minute and then Gwynedd-Mercy had an own goal in the 82nd minute to close out the scoring.
HEAR FROM COACH KALIN
- "Winning the first conference game is always important. We are happy with the convincing result. Having two outside backs score really nice goals was great to see."
- Marymount will play another road game against Centenary on Saturday, Oct. 8 at 1 PM.