OAKTON, Va. – Marymount men's tennis responded after dropping a match at #1 doubles to Shenandoah on Thursday evening by sweeping the rest of the dual to win, 8-1. On the women's side, Caroline Haymans picked up the lone point for the Saints in an 8-1 loss.
- Kimble/Combs (SU) def. Sbazi/King (MU) 8-1
- Lewis/Cherwien (SU) def. Haymans/Dalton (MU) 8-6
- Colley/Talko (SU) def. Kombou/Loiseau (MU) 8-6
- Combs (SU) def. King (MU) 6-0, 6-0
- Haymans (MU) def. Lewis (SU) 6-2, 6-4
- Kimble (SU) def. Sbazi (MU) 6-2, 6-0
- Cherwiem (SU) def. Dalton (MU) 6-3, 6-2
- Talko (SU) def. Kombou (MU) 6-0, 3-6, 6-0
- Cooley (SU) def. Loiseau (MU) 6-1, 6-1
- Orr/Suwak (SU) def. Stromberg/Guiot (MU) 8-4
- Dijkema/Tesfaye (MU) def. Clippinger/Propes (SU) 8-1
- Rennert/Cole (MU) wins by default
- Guiot (MU) def. Orr (SU) 6-1, 6-1
- Stromberg (MU) def. Suwak (SU) 6-4, 6-1
- Dijkema (MU) def. Clippinger (SU) 6-0, 6-0
- Cole (MU) def. Propes (SU) 6-1, 6-2
- Tesfaye (MU) def. Deal (SU) 6-1, 6-3
- Rennert (MU) wins by default
- Both programs are back in action on Sunday, Sept. 18 against Catholic.
- This will be the first installment of this year's Pope's Cup between the area's two Division III Catholic universities.
- The match is set to begin at 11 AM on the campus of Catholic University.