Posted: Apr 23, 2022
IMMACULATA, Pa. – After scoring the first six goals and holding a 16-3 lead at halftime, Marymount women's lacrosse picked up a commanding 21-11 road victory over Immaculata on Saturday afternoon.
- Kaleigh Dunham led the Saints with seven goals.
- Taylor Young and Sarah Agrillo each chipped in three assists to lead the Saints in the category.
- Mariel Russ picked up eight saves in net on 19 shots faced.
- Marymount moves to 13-2 on the season, including 3-1 in conference play.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Saints rattled off the game's first six goals, three of which came on free position opportunities.
- Marymount continued to find the back of the net and went into halftime with a 16-3 lead on a Young goal with eight seconds remaining.
- Dunham gave MU its largest lead of the day at 19-4 with her goal with 6:50 remaining in the third quarter.
- Immaculata scored seven of the game's final nine goals, but Marymount ended up on top, 21-11.
- Marymount will close the regular season with a home game against Gwynedd-Mercy on Wednesday, April 27 at 5 PM.
- With the win, Marymount has clinched the No. 2 seed in the Atlantic East Tournament.
- The Saints will have a bye in the first round before hosting the highest remaining seed on Wednesday, May 4.