Posted: May 07, 2022
RADNOR, Pa. – Marymount women's lacrosse fell to Cabrini in the Atlantic East Championship on Saturday afternoon by a final score of 19-6. The Saints finished the season with a 15-3 record, which is the most wins in program history.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Cabrini scored the first six goals of the game to take control.
- Kaleigh Dunham broke the streak thanks to an impressive woman-down goal with 20 seconds remaining in the first quarter. It was one of Dunham's team-high two tallies on the afternoon.
- The Cavaliers' offense proved too much all afternoon, holding a 40-16 advantage in shots taken.
- Cabrini led 14-2 at halftime and 18-4 after three quarters.
- Marymount scored two free position goals in the final quarter to draw closer but ultimately fell in a 19-6 final.
- Mariel Russ had eight saves and led the team with four groundballs.