ARLINGTON, Va. - MU women's soccer took an early lead before ultimately falling to Goucher College in their first home match of the 2022 season. Showing a strong presence on the offensive end of the pitch, the Saints notched their first goal of the season and held tight with a lossless Gophers team.
- Laney Placido sank the Saints' first goal of the season in the 10th minute of the match, putting her at six total career goals.
- Grace Needham knocked down five strong saves in the goal for MU, continuing to show as a strong goalkeeper in the AEC.
- Eva Roros put up three shots, one of them being on goal, from the midfield spot.
How It Happened
- With the match having barely begun, Placido found an open look from outside the box in the 10th minute of the match, getting it just out of reach of the Gophers' goalkeeper to put the Saints up 1-0 early.
- In the 72nd minute, Jessica Bui had a similar look to Placido's earlier, but missed just about the crossbar to keep the score at 2-1 in Goucher's favor.
- Marymount hits the road again this upcoming weekend, heading down I-95 to Mary Washington for a 1:00 PM kickoff on Saturday, Sept. 10.
- The Saints will be back at Long Bridge Park on Wednesday, Sept. 14 for a 4:00 PM start against Lycoming.