ARLINGTON, Va. - MU women's soccer played host for Lycoming College for a midweek, non-conference matchup Wednesday evening. A tightly contested match between the two teams ended with a tie, showing the defensive fortitude of the Saints.
- In her first collegiate start, goalkeeper Hannah Mockenhaupt threw up a zero on the undefeated Warriors. She was a perfect 7-7 with shots on goal, good for seven total saves.
- Chloe White knocked two shots in the match, with one of them being on goal.
- Hanna Asonovich put up three shots, with one on goal.
How It Happened
- Arguably the biggest play on the game came in the 75th minute, with Lycoming's Audrey Williamson putting up a shard shot to the top of the goal, but Mockenhaupt made an exceptional save to keep the match tied at 0-0.
- Down the stretch, the Saints continued to put offensive pressure on the Warriors, but were unable to get anything across to secure the tie.
- The Saints are back at home this coming weekend, playing Stevenson at 3:00 PM this Saturday, Sept. 17th.
- MU will be on the road quickly the next day, traveling to Notre Dame (Md.) for a 1:00 PM match.