St. Davids, Pa. - The Marymount women's soccer team gutted out another strong tie in their Saturday match at Eastern University.
The tie puts the Saints' record at 2-5-2, with just one match left ahead of conference play around the corner.
- Laney Placido knocked in the Saints' lone goal in the contest, her third of the season.
- Hannah Mockenhaupt had three saves in the match.
- The Saints outshot the Eagles 8-to-6.
How It Happened
- The two teams put together a strong defensive display in the first half. With the minutes counting down, Aly Chirino put up a shot for MU, but missed just right to finish out the offense in the first half of play.
- Placido came through for the Saints in the 56th minute of play with an unassisted goal to put Marymount on top.
- Minutes later, the Eagles equalized the match with a goal from Leah Mowery, assisted by Madelyn Mullen.
- In the 85th minute, Mockenhaupt put on a show with back-to-back saves within 20 seconds to keep the match tied up at 1-1.
- Marymount is back on the road next Wednesday, Sept. 28th, at Gallaudet for a 6:30 PM start.
- The Saints kick off conference play at home, hosting Neumann on Saturday, Oct. 1st, at 1:00 PM.