ARLINGTON, Va. - The Saints opened up Atlantic East play on Saturday, hosting Neumann on their home turf at Long Bridge Park.
Despite being on the offensive for the majority of play, the visiting Knights took advantage of their opportunities, taking down MU by a final tally of 2-0.
- Marymount outshot the Knights by a final total of 12-to-4.
- Chloe White knocked three shots in the match, two of them being on goal.
- Eva Roros had three shots from the midfield spot in the contest.
- Six other Saints knocked shots in the match, looking to spark the offense.
How It Happened
- In the 16th minute of play, Rebecca Spence of the Knights found an open look, and the back of the net, to put Neumann up 1-0 in the first half.
- The Knights found another opportunity in the first half, with Spence giving the ball to Liz Purcell, who took a strong shot and put the Knights up 2-0.
- From there, the Saints continued to push the offensive, finding open looks through the Neumann defense, but couldn't quite find the back of the net.
- White looked to spark some late offense in the 88th minute of the match, taking a long shot and just narrowly missing the upper left corner of the goal.
- Marymount takes on Gwynedd-Mercy in another AEC matchup at home next Wednesday, Oct. 5 with kickoff slated for 7 PM.
- The Saints will complete their conference three-game homestand next Saturday against Centenary (N.J.). Kickoff is currently scheduled for 1 PM.