BALTIMORE, Md. – Marymount women's volleyball picked up its first win of the season on Saturday afternoon thanks to a decisive 3-0 victory over Stevens. In the tournament finale, the Saints took one set from the No. 9-ranked Blue Jays but ultimately fell, 3-1.
- Elissa Munsterman led the Saints with a double-double (13 kills, 11 digs) in the victory over Stevens. She led the team in both categories.
- Sydney Sands (14 assists) and Alexis Franklin (nine assists) facilitated the Marymount attack against Stevens.
- In the match against Johns Hopkins, the Saints outhit the Blue Jays, .196 to .156.
- Natalie Garbalosa led the Saints with 16 digs against the Blue Jays.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the first set against Stevens, Marymount led by as many as 10 points before winning, 25-18.
- The Saints overcame a late deficit in the second set before scoring the final three points of the set to clinch the 25-21 margin.
- With Sands serving in the final set against Stevens, Marymount scored four points in a row to build a 15-9 lead. The Saints eventually triumphed, 25-20, to earn their first win of the season.
- After dropping the first set against Hopkins, the Saints almost evened the match in the second but surrendered the final three points to fall, 25-23.
- Marymount took the third set convincingly, 25-18, but was denied in the fourth set to fall to 1-2 on the season.
- Marymount will see action in four games next weekend at the Washington & Lee Tournament.
- The Saints will face Centre and Washington & Lee on Friday, Sept. 9 before facing Guilford and Gettysburg on Saturday, Sept. 10 to close out the weekend.
- Marymount will open its home slate with a tri-match against Averett and York on Saturday, Sept. 17.