Posted: Sep 13, 2022
BRIDGEWATER, Va. – Despite dropping the first set to Bridgewater on Tuesday night, Marymount women's volleyball fought back to win the final three handily en route to a 3-1 victory.
- Elissa Munsterman continued her hot start to the season by racking up 22 kills while hitting .356.
- Anna Anderson hit a career-best .438 with 11 kills on the night.
- Natalie Garbalosa led the Saints defensively with 17 digs, while Alexis Franklin recorded 26 assists and eight service aces.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Bridgewater started the first set by holding a slim lead for most of the frame. The Eagles scored four of the last five points to take a 1-0 advantage in the match.
- Marymount jumped out to an early 9-3 lead in the second set and was able to cruise to the 25-19 victory.
- The Saints led by as many as nine points in the third set to take it convincingly, 25-20.
- Marymount closed out the match with another solid 25-17 performance to overpower Bridgewater.
- Marymount is set to open its home slate on Saturday, Sept. 17 with a tri-match against Averett and York (Pa.)
- The Saints will play Averett at 11 AM before closing the day with a match against York at 3 PM. York and Averett will play a neutral-site match at 1 PM.