Posted: Oct 08, 2022
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. – Marymount women's volleyball took a trip to Virginia Beach on Saturday and dropped two matches to Christopher Newport and Virginia Wesleyan.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Marymount had its six-match win streak snapped in the first match of the day after falling in three sets to Christopher Newport (25-22, 25-14, 25-19).
- The Saints played well in sets one and three, hitting .324 and .368 as a team in those frames. But CNU played better, hitting .500 and .433 in sets one and two to outlast MU.
- Myia Jeter had eight kills and four blocks to lead the Saints against the Captains.
- Against Virginia Wesleyan, Marymount struggled to get any offense going and fell in three sets (25-18, 25-13, 25-20).
- Elissa Munsterman led MU with 11 kills against the Marlins.
- Alexis Franklin led the team in assists (14) and digs (six) against Virginia Wesleyan.
- Marymount will be busy next week with four games in three days.
- The stretch begins at home against Ithaca on Thursday, Oct. 13 at 7 PM.
- The Saints will then travel to face Scranton on Friday night before competing in a tri-match against Marywood and Rutgers-Camden on Saturday.