Posted: Oct 18, 2022
SALISBURY, Md. – In a rematch from earlier this season, Marymount women's volleyball fell to Salisbury for a second time on Tuesday night as the Saints dropped a tight match in five sets.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After dropping the first set, 25-19, Marymount responded with decisive wins in the second (25-16) and third sets (25-17) to a take a 2-1 lead.
- Marymount opened up 7-2 and 9-3 leads in the fourth and fifth sets, respectively, but proved unable to finish off the host Sea Gulls.
- Salisbury scored the final 12 points of the fifth set to clinch the come-from-behind victory.
- Alexis Franklin led all players with 35 assists on the night.
- Elissa Munsterman (16 kills) and Myia Jeter (12 kills) led the Saints on the offensive end.
- Natalie Garbalosa was one of four Saints with at least 10 digs on the night as she finished the night with 25 digs.
- Marymount will close out conference play with a showdown on Saturday against Cabrini at 12 PM. As of Tuesday night, the Cavaliers were also unbeaten in Atlantic East play and host Gwynedd-Mercy on Wednesday night.
- The Saints will follow the match against Cabrini with a neutral tilt against Alvernia at 2 PM.