Posted: Sep 11, 2022
BRIDGEWATER, Va. - The Saints wrapped up their trip to the Shenandoah Valley on Sunday, taking on Bridgewater College in game two of the EMU-Bridgewater Fall Classic. MU ultimately fell in the match by a final margin of 2-1 to put their record at 2-2 in the early part of the season.
- Shamai Arefaine scored the first goal of his collegiate career in the match to put Marymount within one.
- Leonardo Torres had three shots in the contest to lead the Saints, two of them being on goal.
- Chris Mendoza put up two shots with one of them on goal.
How It Happened
- Bridgewater took the lead in the waning minutes of the first half with a goal from Justin Scott in the 38th minute.
- After the Eagles pushed their lead to two in the second half, the Saints kept pushing forward to equalize the contest. With Arefaine's goal in the 89th minute, they reset quickly. Despite a tough fight to push an offensive threat, Bridgewater was able to hold off MU to take the match.
Quote From Coach Kalin:
"We faced incredible adversity today. Yet, we fought 'til the end. We learned more about who we are as a team while playing a very good opponent in an unfavorable environment. I'm proud of our resiliency."
- Marymount is back at home on Wednesday, Sept. 14 against Washington Adventist with kickoff slated for 7:00 PM. The match will celebrate the Saints' seniors, and is also noted as Staff Appreciation Night.
- MU will have their first home weekend match on Saturday, Sept. 17th against Southern Virginia for a 6:00 PM start time.